Surrogacy is a beautiful and selfless decision that enables a person or couple to experience the dream of parenthood. In Florida, surrogates are able to provide the gift of life: This one-of-a-kind experience is unique to the surrogate and often makes her feel fulfilled and accomplished.
To become a surrogate in Florida, you need to follow several steps to ensure you are a good fit. This process can be extensive, and it also requires the surrogate to meet basic qualifications. For example, ideal candidates are women ages 21 to 38 who are healthy, stable, and have a good BMI. They should also have at least one child and no criminal background.
As one of the best surrogacy agencies in Florida, our steps for the surrogacy process include the following:
- Application — Intended parents and prospective surrogates both begin their journey by filling out an application at our agency.
- An interview with our agency — We sit down with those on both sides of the process to make sure they will be a good fit for us and what we have to offer.
- Compensation is confirmed — Surrogates who meet all our criteria discuss the arrangements necessary to make sure they are compensated for their pain and suffering and any expenses they may incur during the pregnancy.
- Matching with your potential intended parents — We’re dedicated to making sure surrogates and intended parents are a good match and will be there to support each other throughout the entire journey.
- A medical examination process for the surrogate — Our due diligence helps ensure that surrogate mothers and the babies they carry will be in the best of health throughout the entire process.
- The contract is signed — After we take care of all the preliminary arrangements and are positive the intended parents and surrogate will make a great team, we take care of all the necessary paperwork. This is when everyone can finally begin to make preparations for their special event in earnest.
- Pregnancy and childbirth — The embryo transfer process is conducted under rigorous medical supervision, and so begins nine months of anticipation and excitement.
- Delighted parents and fulfilled surrogates — When the day finally arrives and the intended parents meet their new son or daughter, it’s an emotional moment for everyone involved. For the surrogates, they gain the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped build a family and brought someone true joy. As one of the most dedicated surrogacy agencies in Florida, nothing makes us happier or more proud than seeing it happen.