Overview of Surrogacy in Texas
First, it is important to understand that each state has different legislation on surrogacy. Texas surrogacy laws permit gestational surrogacy for intended parents who are married and have their gestational carrier agreement validated by a court before the birth. For traditional surrogacy — which isn’t as common as gestational — the surrogacy is handled more like an adoption, with the necessary paperwork filed only after the birth. International Surrogacy Center only works with gestational surrogacy.
Aside from legal matters, it’s also best for intended parents and prospective surrogates to gain an understanding of the process as a whole. Doing so begins by researching the surrogacy agencies in your area and determining which one is the best fit. You’ll want to make sure the agency has the same views as you, can support your goals and has attorneys specializing in surrogacy law available to you.
Once you’ve decided on the right agency, the next step is to reach out. With ISC, we have an online application process where, after review, we contact you to schedule an interview or complimentary consultation. The goal of the meeting is to explain the process, answer any questions and establish a rapport. Prospective surrogates then complete an application, confirm compensation, and create a profile to match with intended parents. After matching, surrogates undergo medical screenings and a criminal background check before contracts are signed, and fertility treatment can begin.
As one of the best surrogacy agencies in Texas, we will stand by your side throughout the entire process. Here’s a quick rundown of what you can expect when you work with us:
- Application. Whether you’re looking to grow your own family through surrogacy or help someone else become parents, the journey begins by filling out our application.
- An interview with our agency. We meet with potential surrogates as well as intended parents to make sure they will be a good fit for our agency.
- Compensation is confirmed. For surrogates who meet our criteria, the next step involves discussing the arrangements for compensation.
- Matching with your potential intended parents. Our Texas surrogacy professionals work to find the ideal match between our surrogates and the intended parents who work with us.
- A medical examination process for the surrogate. We perform all the due diligence necessary to ensure surrogate mothers and the babies they carry will be in the best of health.
- The contract is signed. Once all the preliminaries are taken care of, the agreement is made official. Both surrogate mother and intended parents can begin making their preparations in earnest.
- Pregnancy and childbirth. Nine months of anticipation begins as soon as the embryo transfer process is completed.
- Delighted parents and fulfilled surrogates. All the planning and patience become worth it the moment the intended parents meet their newest bundle of joy and the surrogate gains the satisfaction of knowing she played such an important role in the journey.